Monday, September 26, 2022

THE EYES OF THE DRAGON - Stephen King

 The Eyes Of The Dragon


- Stephen King -

I've been on a big of a King kick lately. The last year I've read four or five King/Bachman books...and other than that Colorado Kid mystery I liked them all. I even sent him a letter. Like, an actual pen on paper letter. Sent it international mail too - since I live in Canada.

The Eyes of the Dragon is a bit different from the 'horror' I've been reading. It's fantasy. Which is another genre I love. But, what I really enjoyed about this book was the pace. I'll give you a rough timeline to explain what I mean.
I read the first 90% of the book over a few days - at a regular speed.
The last 10% I found myself speed reading and couldn't put the book down until almost 2 am last night.
The final bit of the book is so fast! Chapters get smaller and smaller, down to half a page or sometimes just a paragraph. You are left on a cliffhanger, or with a vital piece of info that you need to continue the plot, solve the mystery, reveal the truth. It's an unbelievably fast ride.

Bring on the next Stephen King book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment