Friday, June 9, 2023

When Inspiration Strikes

When inspiration strikes, you become resourceful.

This was the only paper I had

Sitting in the man-van and waiting is a normal part of my day - I'm the Dad-taxi right now. Which is a great time of life for someone like me. I don't get bored. If I have to wait five minutes, fifteen minutes, whatever amount of minutes, for someone to be done their part-time job shift, or their baseball game...I don't mind. I take the time to sit and think. 

The other day I was going over the opening to a new story I'm working on. It sounded so good in my head that I had to put it down on paper. I knew if I didn't do that right away, my masterpiece would be gone and never return. My man-van is usually stocked full of paper (sometimes referred to as junk or garbage), but that day it was bare.

Had I cleaned? Where were the old, crusty, coffee stained notebooks that sit in the car for months on end, getting stepped on with muddy boots, and sun faded by the blistering summer rays?

All I had was a Sudoku book. When in a MacGyver situation, do what MacGyver would do. I looked through the Sudoku book and found the title page was almost empty. Hah, I'd found a place to write. 

Now to find a pen. Just like the paper situation, we were all clear of pens. I found an old marker. It worked.

Thank goodness, because what I had to put down on paper at that moment was pure gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment