Saturday, January 22, 2022

Book Haul - Christie, Bachman, Sagan, and L'Amour

Thrift Store Book Finds

One of the highlights of thrift shopping, at least for me, is finding awesome books at dirt cheap prices. Usually I'm feeling lucky if I come across a book or two...but, yesterday I found eight! EIGHT!

8 books = treasure
I'm always on the lookout for Agatha Christie books. I love them. Strangely, with millions sold they are a rare find at the thrift store. Maybe they are bought up quick? Maybe there are plenty of collectors out there who will not part with them. So, when I do see one that I haven't read before I scoop it up.
Today, An Overdose Of Death - 50 cents! It's not in the best condition, but I'm not that particular when it comes to Christie books - the story is the best part.
Agatha Christie - An Overdose of Death vintage
I've been on a science fiction reading binge for a few months now. One of the books on my to-read-science-fiction list is Carl Sagan's Contact. It's one of those classics that everyone who is into Sci-Fi has read and/or ranks on their best space reads.
Contact - 50 cents!
Contact - Sagan
Another authour who I often pick up used - that sounds bad - is Stephen King. His books are easy to find, but are usually marked up in price. Damn you market demand! However, sometimes the Richard Bachman books are put in the shelf at the Bibles For Mission Thrift store in the 'B' section...not the Stephen King section. They are also marked at a different price. Instead of the premium price of $1.50 that King demands, these books are only $1 or $1.25.

King / Bachman - The Regulators
This week I was able to stock up on Louis L'Amour books; add to my collection. I already have a good 40 or 50 of them, and I've read even more. This makes it tricky to buy more L'amours. First off, they are like the Agatha Christie books; millions sold, but few make it to the thrift store. I was extremely lucky this week. There were dozens of Louis' books for sale. It looked like someone dropped off their collection recently and I was one of the first to discover it. 
L'Amour - Crossfire Trail and Fallon
Out of the big stock of books I managed to find five that I haven't read and didn't have in my collection.
Doesn't this Tall Stranger look like a good one?
The Tall Stranger
The great part about these books is that they are marked at 50 cents.

I spent a total of $4.50 for all of these books. Amazing isn't it?!



No comments:

Post a Comment