Thursday, June 9, 2022

Text to Speech as an editing aid

Hearing the words out loud helps in the editing process

I've found an awesome way to edit my writing. Listen to it! Not only is it amazing to hear, actually hear out loud, the words you've written (boy, is that really something I've written! It sound legit), but when you listen to the words you catch small grammatical errors. Something will just sound off and it's easier to catch with the ear than the eye. Also if you have a small typo, forget to pluralize something or you double type a word, you hear it quickly. 

You can use the READ ALOUD button if you are working in Microsoft word (It is under the REVIEW tabs). It works good, it's handy, and I personally use it way too much!

Read Aloud option in Microsoft Word

You can also use a Text to Speech website. There are a bunch out there. They will typically allow you to paste a little text and then allow you to hear it...the best part is that you usually have the options of different accents. I love a good British accent. Here is some of my writing, read by a Britain!




No comments:

Post a Comment